It has been raining for three days now and the sun has finally come out! I am so ready for spring. I love my back yard, but I miss all the green leaves, flowers and my birds. My kids refer to me as the " Bird Lady" because I love to get my binoculars out and find birds perching in the trees. Now the squirrels are a different story! I have been known to get my pellet rifle out and start shooting at them as they are tearing through my chair cushions. That has to be my Arkansas roots coming out in me! Ha! Speaking of roots, I started a new board on Pinterest this morning titled, Country Living. Just pinning photos of what country life means to me really took me back to my childhood. I was such a country girl and loved growing up in a small town with fields and farms within reach. Funny how I couldn't wait to get away from it at the time, to be more citified and sophisticated. This saying comes to mind, "You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl". I think of that often when my country accent comes out every now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment