So... like everyone else in the free world, I have started my "New Year's Resolutions" ! Health being one of the many. I started Shakeology's 3 day cleanse today and I am a little shaky, but so far so good. ;-) It is, however, only the first day. I had such a great Holiday Season eating and drinking wine like there was no tomorrow and I would very much like to button my pants with more ease. I knew I would be paying for it later, but I sure did have a lot of fun with family and friends. I put my girlfriends on notice that I would NOT be available for our weekly 'Wine Night' over the next few weeks. I think that is harder to do than the detox!
With that said, I really want to simplify my cooking and make more soups and stews this winter. I tend to 'overthink' my cooking and do more than what is necessary. I have been combing through my favorite recipe books on the hunt for some great dishes. My family loves to critique my food and they have really enjoyed letting me know their opinions. The saying after a meal if it has been successful is, "This is restaurant quality"! Well, I'm striving for more than that! Should be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment