Our Home
Home is where we return for fulfillment and wholeness
Monday, February 18, 2013
Christmas is Come
Oh My! Found this in my drafts. I went ahead and posted it without it being finished! (apparently I got busy) I don't know how the rest of the story would have gone or where my mind was at that moment, but it's fun to speculate.
Christmas is come, hang on the pot,
Let spits turn round, and ovens be hot;
Beef, pork and poultry, now provide
To feast thy neighbors at this tide.
I love Christmas time! Did I mention that I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME?? This may sound corny, but there truly is something magical about it. For me, it is the excitement of the entire season. The twinkling lights, the smells that are coming from my kitchen and the Christmas music that you never get tired of. Especially Dean Martin! I adore the whole formality of it all... setting a table, polishing silver and cooking for days! A family tradition that I hope to instill in my children. As I finish up my decorations, including my department 56 houses, I get a little sad and wonder if I truly 'get' the true meaning of Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment