Our Home

Our Home
Home is where we return for fulfillment and wholeness

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bittersweet

As my son, Ahlden, is getting ready to take his senior pictures, I keep thinking of how I have looked forward to this moment since he was a baby.  It's finally here and I'm wondering why this is more upsetting than joyful!  Well, of course, I know why!!!  I keep checking in on him as he is changing into his third outfit and I see a young man who has the world at his feet and has no idea that he does.   I would love for his future to be predictable and planned (less worry for me).  I think if we plan carefully and thoroughly enough, we should be secure. Right??  I read something the other day that said,"If we follow perfectly the itinerary of the trip, we miss out on the funny Italian vendor who sells us our favorite cerulean water pitcher.  If we never vary our routine, we may not get caught in the rain with the person who eventually becomes a close friend.   We miss out on life's richest experiences.  That popped into my head for some odd reason, but for the most part, I believe that to be true. I don't think the water pitcher would be a rich experience for him... but then again, you never know!   My hope for Ahlden is that he finds true happiness in whatever path he takes and that he never forgets how much I love him!

Kindergarten 

 
Senior
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Bittersweet is true! Our boys grew up too fast and then sometimes not fast enough!!

    ReplyDelete