Our Home

Our Home
Home is where we return for fulfillment and wholeness

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Do You Ever Wonder?

Do you ever wonder if this is all life has to offer?  Do you ever wonder if the world and the people in it squeeze you into its own mold?  I've been doing a lot of  'wondering' lately.  It's not that I'm unhappy and don't appreciative what I have... I'm thankful everyday that my family is healthy and what a blessing that is.  Up until now, my purpose in life has been my children.  The second they were born, I knew what my purpose in life was!  I knew why I was on this earth!  My children are grown and living their own lives. Caitlin and Connor are doing what makes them happy and I am so proud of them.  And while I still have Ahlden at home for one more year, he is definitely independent and begging me to loosen the grip.   I have tried many things to 'reinvent' myself... culinary school, piano lessons, more tennis, etc.  I feel pretty darn good about myself and what I am achieving.  So... Why do I still feel so empty???  As I write this, it is becoming very clear that perhaps I have lost my purpose in life.  I have been trying to stay busy with actions instead of living from my heart.  I have lost some of my pathways training but I do know that living from my heart has great value.  Living my life with passion and enthusiasm fills the void.  Somewhere along the way, I have forgotten that!

Again, God has put the right scripture in my path.  I smile as I am typing because I truly believe that there are no coincidences. Thank you God!

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.   - Romans 12:2

1 comment:

  1. Lisa - I believe your God given talent is singing. I wish you could find a way to use it. A praise band or something.

    ReplyDelete