Our Home

Our Home
Home is where we return for fulfillment and wholeness

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beautiful Weather and Burning Thighs!

We could not have asked for better weather!  The sun was shinning, temperatures in the 60's and Beaver Creek was not over crowded.  Skiing, however, presented a more difficult challenge...  my 45 year old body was not in ski shape!  On the first day, we get to the top of the mountain and we take a wrong turn.  Yep, we entered into the black diamond zone and it was not pretty.  5 of the steepest freekin slopes, 1 mogul trail , 10 falls and 45 minutes later, I finally make it down the mountain.  I really tried not to blame Phillip, but my anxiety took over and I couldn't get back to the resort fast enough! And have a drink fast enough!  After calming down for a few hours, we were back on the mountain.  We skied the next two days and by the end of the trip, we were spent physically.  We really enjoyed the local restaurants and listened to great music.  Oh, I did get some great spa services.  There is nothing like a massage and pampering when your on vacation. 

Where to next...

No comments:

Post a Comment